An FMC license or registration is generally required in the following scenarios.: 

  • when you re-sell full-container load (FCL) or less-than container load (LCL) ocean freight at a markup or profit
  • when you issue your own House Bill of Lading or other shipping documents in the name of your company
  • when you allow shipments to move under Service Contracts signed by your company whether you issue your House Bill of Lading or not 
  • when you are listed as Shipper on an ocean Bill of Lading for cargo that you do not own.

For more information about DPI’s NVOCC licensing and registration services, click here. DPI Members may also read more about NVOCCs, licensing, and registration over on the DPI Knowledge Center