- Services Home
- FMC License & Registration for NVOCCs
- FMC Tariff Publication
- FMC Compliance for VOCCs
- NRA Services for NVOCCs
- NSA Services for NVOCCs
- Training & eCourses
- View Tariffs Published by DPI
- FMC Audits
- FMC Regulatory Consulting
- FMC License for Ocean Freight Forwarders
- Automatic Rating, Quoting, & Pricing Tools
- About Us
- Knowledge Center
- Get Started
NVOCC Service Arrangements (NSAs) are a great option to consider using for:
- negotiated customer-specific rates,
- long-term rates, e.g., annual rates, and
- rates with customized surcharges, assessorials, or terms.
NSAs are generally considered best for long-term rates because surcharges can float with your tariff rules. This means that surcharges in effect in your tariff rules at the time each shipment is received will apply. FMC regulations do not require an amendment to reflect updated surcharges, so long as the surcharges are filed in your tariff rules.
This is a key advantage of NSAs when compared to NRAs, which require surcharges to be locked-in upon receipt of the first shipment.